Join the Mission’s team of volunteers and show compassion, love, and kindness to our neighbors in need.
Driver – Store Assistant
Responsible to pick up items from the community and designated TCM sites and deliver to the designated TCM store, TCM warehouse, or other designated site. Responsible to assist the Donation Manager in warehouse sorting, bagging, and setting up merchandise for stores and recycling. Will be cross-trained to work with the merchandising team when needed.
* Valid Texas driver’s license, good driving record.
* Able to drive proficiently a 1-ton box van, 2-ton box van, forklift, a pickup with
24-foot gooseneck cattle trailer or gooseneck flatbed trailer.
* Able to lift 50 pounds use a 2 and 4 wheel dolly.
* Be safety conscious.
* Have a pleasant personality and ability to communicate well.
* Maintain insurability with Twin City Mission occupational and liability
Compensation: Negotiable plus fringe. Occupational and liability insurance; social security, annual sick and holiday leave (when eligible); life and health insurance (when eligible) and retirement plan (when eligible).
Hours: 40 hours 7:00am - 3: 30pm Monday thru Friday.
General Description: Assists residents staying in the shelter; responsible for answering the phone, perform client intake procedures and prepares client intake records; monitors the activity of residents on an assigned shift ensuring safety, security, and compliance to program rules; ensures that facility is maintained in neat and proper order.
Education Requirements: High school diploma required; prior experience in social services preferred; Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Must have the ability to maintain client confidentiality
· Sensitive to various cultural, ethnic/social backgrounds, values, attitudes, and languages.
· Communication skills; conflict resolution skills; ability to remain calm when under pressure and during a crisis
· Respond in a non-judgmental, constructive, caring, and supportive manner to clients
• Full-time or Part-time
Phoebe’s Home Full-Time Shelter Monitor and
Part-Time Shelter Monitor
General Description: Responsible for answering 24-hour hotline; meeting immediate needs of clients in the shelter; answering client and front shelter door; completing intake paperwork for new clients; assisting with meal preparation during the shift, completing job duties as per checklist for assigned shift.
Education Requirements: High school diploma; some college hours preferred; Proficient in Word; working knowledge of Excel
Hours: Full-time position 40 hours per week or Part-time position 8-12 hour shifts, varying hours as assigned Sunday – Saturday. Must be available to work some holidays. This is a non-smoking position.
Compensation: $9.45 – $11.97 Depending on Education and Experience