Join the Mission’s team of volunteers and show compassion, love, and kindness to our neighbors in need.
Domestic Violence Services Coordinator of Outreach and Prevention
Serve as DVS Program’s Coordinator of Outreach and Prevention in each of the seven counties we serve. Work to identify victims of domestic violence, raise awareness of available services, and work with Domestic Violence Task Forces in each of the counties in an effort to educate and reduce domestic violence.
Attend and participate in health/information fairs, meetings, or public events.
Approximately 70% travel within the Brazos Valley
Education/Licensure Requirements: Bachelor's degree required. Prefer experience working with the public in a services-related position.
· Professional and effective public speaking skills.
· Must demonstrate proficiency in Word, Excel, and Access-type databases and be able to perform advanced data entry and administrative duties.
· Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle for transportation to counties served, and be insurable by Agency insurance.
· Meet with representatives of law enforcement, judicial system, schools, and social service agencies in each of the counties served to develop strong working relationships with the TCM-DVS Program.
· Perform outreach in each of the counties served to schedule educational presentations around Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Healthy and Unhealthy Relationships with the goal of identifying victims of abuse.
· Work on coordinated agency efforts to increase the community’s understanding of interpersonal violence issues.
Compensation: Negotiable + fringe: occupational and liability insurance; Social Security; annual, sick, and holiday leave; life and health insurance; retirement plan (when eligible).
Hours: Full-Time, minimum 40 hours per week, generally 9:00 am – 6:00 pm Monday – Friday. On a rotating basis, serve as a member of the on-call team covering evenings and weekends. At times, a flexible schedule is necessary to accommodate the needs of volunteers, community outreach, and the program.
Retail Store Manager
General Description: Responsible to meet income quotas and manage the overall operations of a TCM resale store that will appeal to customers of all ethnic groups and all levels of income.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma or GED
High School Diploma or equivalent and two years experience in a sales-related field.
To be able to work a varied schedule Monday through Saturday with varied days off.
Ability to deal with people of all levels, ages, and ethnic backgrounds.
Have a general knowledge of clothing, furniture, and household goods.
Have a pleasant personality.
Ability to be firm in a courteous manner.
The ability to work with those to whom we give emergency aid.
Maintain insurability with Twin City Mission occupational and liability insurance.
Compensation: Negotiable plus fringe. Occupational and liability insurance; social security; annual sick and holiday leave (when eligible); life and health insurance (when eligible) and retirement plan (when eligible).
Hours: Minimum of 40 hours per week, hours range from 8:00 am - 6: 30pm Monday thru Saturday.
Driver – Store Assistant
Responsible to pick up items from the community and designated TCM sites and deliver to the designated TCM store, TCM warehouse, or other designated site. Responsible to assist the Donation Manager in warehouse sorting, bagging, and setting up merchandise for stores and recycling. Will be cross-trained to work with the merchandising team when needed.
* Valid Texas driver’s license, good driving record.
* Able to drive proficiently a 1-ton box van, 2-ton box van, forklift, a pickup with
24-foot gooseneck cattle trailer or gooseneck flatbed trailer.
* Able to lift 50 pounds use a 2 and 4 wheel dolly.
* Be safety conscious.
* Have a pleasant personality and ability to communicate well.
* Maintain insurability with Twin City Mission occupational and liability
Compensation: Negotiable plus fringe. Occupational and liability insurance; social security, annual sick and holiday leave (when eligible); life and health insurance (when eligible) and retirement plan (when eligible).
Hours: 40 hours 7:00am - 3: 30pm Monday thru Friday.